What do you mean by masturbation?
Before answering the frequently asked question ‘Does masturbating stunt your growth?, let’s first understand what it is and people understand it. ‘So, what is masturbation? Masturbation is an act where you touch your genital organs to arouse yourself sexually. Some people use porn for this and others use imagination. Interestingly both genders can perform the act of masturbation and one can masturbate others too.
An important thing to note here is that orgasm is not always the endpoint of the masturbation.
Is masturbation a normal thing?
You must have a lot of questions about it. Whether it is normal or not and does masturbating stunt growth? The answer is simple and straight that it is a normal act and has nothing to do with stunting of growth.
Although excessive masturbation has its hazards science says it has more benefit than harm if done cautiously. Some benefits include:
- A learning experience to know your sexual likings and dislikes.
- Masturbating carefully can help you get better control over your orgasm and ejaculation.
- Females can learn what helps them to achieve orgasm and what doesn’t.
- It helps you in reducing stress, tensions, and pain. Masturbation is also seen to reduce menstrual cramps.
- It improves the quality of sleep and enables you to have better concentration.
To summarize, masturbation is a personal choice with no serious harm if done cautiously. Some people like it and even enjoy it with their partners and others don’t.
Also Read: Masturbation In Pregnancy – Myths and Facts
Does masturbating stunt your growth?
You must have heard countless myths about masturbation. Some say it causes stunting of growth while others say it causes blindness. You will even find people associating acne, insanity, and hair growth on your palms with masturbation.
Does masturbation stunt your growth and cause all this stuff that people say? The answer is no. Masturbation has no harmful effects on the body and if you are restricted to yourself the chances of getting sexually transmitted diseases are next to zero.
Testosterone, growth, and masturbation
Just to enlighten you more about the topic here is a brief discussion on how growth occurs. As the puberty hits and the body starts producing a large amount of testosterone there is a growth spurt. This testosterone is responsible for the physical changes associated with the male gender. It causes the development of muscles, hairs, and increases your height as well as the size of the external reproductive organs.
With masturbation and ejaculation, there is a slight variation in the levels of the testosterone but these levels are insignificant. Although there are some side effects of excessive masturbation there is no evidence of masturbation causing stunting of growth.
Also Read: Orgasm During Pregnancy – Myths and Facts
Masturbation and sperm count
By now you have the answer to does masturbating stunt growth but you are curious to know that does it decrease the sperm count? Well, the male gender has countless sperms and it never runs out. Although frequent masturbation within a short period can reduce the number of sperms in the subsequent acts. You can regain the number with the rest of a couple of weeks.
On the other hand, there is evidence of the decrease in the sperm count when you don’t ejaculate for a long period.
Also Read: 10 Things To Avoid During Pregnancy
What is excessive masturbation?
Excessive masturbation is just a relative term i.e. it varies from person to person. There is no specific number or definition of excessive masturbation and it can be any number. Although masturbation has no harmful effect but doing it frequently can cause certain issues.
The main issue with excessive masturbation is soreness and swelling of the external genitals. However, it is temporary and settles on its own within a few days.
Also Read: Pain In Ribs During Pregnancy
Hazards of excessive masturbation
Everything in excess is harmful. It is true for water and it is true for masturbation as well. Excessive masturbation is the number of times you masturbate which your body can’t handle. It reflects in the form of harmful effects. Here are some harmful effects of excessive masturbation on the human body:
- Masturbation helps you stay sexually active but if you overdo it there is a negative impact on your sexual life. It can cause premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
- If your partner doesn’t like masturbation then it can harm your relationship.
- Masturbating with a partner puts you at risk of catching a sexually transmitted disease. Although the risk is low, it isn’t insignificant.
- Too much masturbation can decrease your sexual drive.
- It is easy to get addicted to masturbation especially when you use porn. This can affect your mental health.
- Although masturbation is full of pleasure you can get injured doing it. It is rare but it happens. It can range from scratches, cuts, and bruises which are more common to rare shaft damage.
To end the discussion of does masturbating stunt your growth, if you are careful and not doing it frequently you are getting more benefits than harm. However, too much frequency will harm in you long run!
More Useful Articles
- What Is Medical Abortion? Its Types And Precautions
- When Do Boobs Stop Growing?
- Is Chinese Food Safe During Pregnancy?
- How Long Does It Take Birth Control To Work?